Can You Get Rid Of Boxelder Bugs Permanently?
The ½ inch long Boxelder bugs, with their unique natural contrast of colors and beautiful patterns, can sometimes be very dangerous to humans also. These are called Boxelder bugs because they live on the juice of box trees. The bugs insert their mouth piercers into the tree and suck the juice.
The bugs prefer bright light, which is why they are often found on the beaches. They can also survive winter season by hiding in the cracks of buildings. Boxelder bugs mostly appear during sunny and warm weather. Their favorite season is spring.
Are Boxelder Bugs Harmful?
Boxelder bugs rarely enter the houses. They prefer living in damp and warm environment, like gardens. If you have a garden with homegrown fruits then you may find boxelder bugs in your garden easily. Boxelder bugs do not bite. They don’t cause any harm to the structure of your house. The bugs do not carry contaminants; however, they may carry bacteria and viruses into your house. Boxelder bugs are odorless when alive. However, if you crush or try to kill them, they release a very unpleasant odor, which does not vanish easily.
Boxelder bugs come with following types of dangers to humans.
- Firstly, they may carry bacteria and viruses into your house.
- The bugs have sharp piercers attached with their mouths. They may pierce them into human skin, a little deeper than the third layer of skin. This causes irritation. If the piercer carried bacteria or germs then a small hive may also appear on the skin.
- Thirdly, if you have babies, small kids or pets in the house, they may pick a bug and put it in the mouth. The sharp edges and piercers of bug’s body may harm the mouth. This is why, prevention of boxelder bugs in houses is highly recommended.
Control and Prevention
You need strong insecticides and pesticides to kill and eradicate Boxelder bugs. Remember that they cause harm to your homegrown garden also, which means that it is equally important to eradicate them from your garden. Make sure to hire a professional pest control service to avoid contact with any toxic chemical. The professional company will inspect your house and garden. They will use insecticides and other chemical solutions to remove Boxelder bugs from the house. They may also use machines to suck out Boxelder bugs from hidden places like cracks. Finally, they will treat the house for avoiding any further invasion.
If you want to become a part of this project then you may do the following steps.
- Check your house and seal all openings. This will also help prevent other types of bugs from entering your home.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove Boxelder bugs hiding under beds or inside carpets.
- Make sure that fruits are covered on the dining table.
- Make sure that the bugs have not reached the plant pots in the kitchen and other places in the house.
For further information and details about the treatment and prevention of Boxelder bugs or any other types of pests, please get in touch with one of our representatives.
Ace Pest Control
9360 W. Flamingo Road, #110 Las Vegas, NV 89147